If you know someone who is in suicidal crisis or emotional distress, please reach out for 24/7 crisis support: call 988 or text “HOME” to 741741.
Training Dates will be announced early spring, 2023
Complete a Workshop Interest Form to help determine workshop training dates.
Placer County Office of Education (PCOE) will soon launch a culturally infused workshop on mental health. Be Sensitive, Be Brave for Mental Health infuses culture and diversity throughout a foundational workshop on mental health. This FREE workshop prepares community members to help friends and loved ones during times of distress. Learn how to recognize mental health conditions, what to do when someone needs support, and tools for maintaining good mental health. Diversity considerations are addressed throughout the workshop as we discuss how mental health challenges may look different across cultures.
BSBB: MH Workshop Goals
With a culture and diversity lens:
- Learn how to identify when you or someone you know is in mental distress
- Practice being sensitive and brave in helping others
- Increase awareness of mental health resources
- Build resilience using a recipe for mental health
- Build cultural sensitivity around mental health
- Respond to community needs and decrease stigma